Instructions: Choose the answer that is most correct.
1. For patients receiving hospital care, healthcare associated
infections (HAIs) are:
a. The most common complications
b. The least common complications
c. Have never occurred
d. None of the above
2. Nosocomial infections generally occur within how many
hours of a patient’s admission?
3. Which source becomes contaminated with infectious
organisms and potentially transmits infection?
a. Healthcare personnel
b. Inanimate objects
d. All of the above
4. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
a. 14% decrease in central line associated bloodstream
b. 17% reduction in surgical site infections
c. 7% increase in catheter associated urinary tract infections
d. 20% increase in surgical site infections
5. Prior research has shown that most HAI transmissions
occur through indirect contact of fomites used by multiple
patients, which can include imaging equipment.
6. Each year, in preventable healthcare costs, it is estimated
that HAIs are responsible for between:
a. $2–$3 million
b. $82–$300 million
c. $20–$30 billion
d. $28–$33 billion
A Study of Bacterial Cultures Obtained
from MR Imaging Equipment
1.0 Category A credit • Expiration date 6-30-2016
Carefully read the following multiple choice questions
and take the post-test at AHRA’s Online Institute
The credit earned from the Quick CreditTM test
accompanying this article may be applied to the
AHRA certified radiology administrator (CRA)
asset management domain.