7. How many pills does the “superpatient” (Box 1) who suffers
from chronic conditions that include diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension take each day?
8. Which of the following has the power to turn health consumers into fully empowered partners on the healthcare
9. From the case study (Box 2), the behavioral health
team/group is perceived as “hard” science.
10. Up to how much can physicians receive for being meaningful users of certified EHRs?
11. What year will physicians be penalized for non-adoption or
failure to demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHRs?
12. Over the past 2 years, how many “malfunctions with the
potential for patient harm” reports did the FDAs voluntary
notification system log?
13. Current estimates place successful EHR adoption between:
14. Meaningful Use suggests that physicians are to become proficient information-based decision makers.
15. Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) systems are
used to check potential conflicts across:
a. Test results
b. Patient files
c. Exam orders
d. Pharmaceutical interactions
16. Currently, what percentage of Danish PCPs have achieved
17. Key advantages of the Danish system over the current US
approach to EHR adoption are:
a. PCPs and specialists are reimbursed a fee for communica-
tion with their patients through email
b. The Danish healthcare sector has instituted 60 standard-
ized electronic messages for PCPs to receive and transmit
c. Every Danish citizen has a unique patient identifier used
across several jurisdictions, including health and taxation
d. All of the above
18. The Primary Care Information Project developed by the New
York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has
brought in 2500 providers to adopt EHR. Currently, how
many patients do they serve?
19. When the Virginia Women’s Center implemented an EHR,
which of the following were critical components to a
a. Proper staffing and ongoing communication
b. Project staging and proper staffing
c. Ongoing communication and proper staffing
d. Proper staffing, project staging, and ongoing
20. What was the total project budget ( Table 1) for the Virginia
Women’s Center’s EHR implementation?