Ethnographic Research of IV
Contrast Agent in Hospital
CT Scanning Suites
1.0 Category A credit • Expiration date 8-31-2012
Carefully read the following multiple choice questions
and take the post-test at AHRA’s Online Institute
The credit earned from the Quick Credit TM test
accompanying this article may be applied to the
AHRA certified radiology administrator (CRA)
operation management domain.
Instructions: Choose the answer that is most correct.
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the challenges faced by
hospital CT scanning suites in Box 1?
a. Critical need for precise administration of IV contrast agent
b. Medication safety and awareness of potential medication
errors and associated complications
c. Cost containment
d. Adherence to the Centers for Disease Control and Preven-
tion as part of facility accreditation status
2. Of the top 25 drugs involved in medication errors, how
many are contrast agents?
3. What type of research methodology was used in this study?
c. Case Study
4. Nine hospital CT departments were observed in this study.
How many states across the US were represented in the
5. How many hours did the observer spend at each hospital
6. Though each hospital had multiple suites, the observations
were made in only one suite at each location.