Building an Exceptional Imaging
Management Team: From Theory
1.0 Category A credit • Expiration date 10-31-2012
Carefully read the following multiple choice questions
and take the post-test at AHRA’s Online Institute
The credit earned from the Quick Credit TM test
accompanying this article may be applied to the
AHRA certified radiology administrator (CRA)
human resource management domain.
Instructions: Choose the answer that is most correct.
1. Leadership is about influencing people to follow, while management is about:
a. Applying theories
b. Applying concepts
c. Maintaining and improving systems and processes
d. Motivating employees
2. Which category of theories is based on the premise that
effective leaders motivate others by helping them understand the importance and higher purpose of their roles?
a. Situational leadership
b. Transformational leadership
c. Path goal leadership
d. Contingency leadership
3. Concepts related to modifying an approach or management
style to match the situation are know as:
a. Situational leadership theories
b. Transformational leadership theories
c. Path goal leadership theories
d. Contingency leadership theories
4. Which technique (style) should an administrator use when
a manager is mostly capable of doing the job but may not
possess all of the requisite skills, and may be somewhat
overconfident regarding abilities?
5. Which technique (style) should an administrator use when a
manager shows a low level of commitment, although they
possess the ability and knowledge?
6. The amount of time administrators spend with each manager
is based on:
a. Individual needs
b. Past management experience
c. Current projects they are juggling
d. All of the above