BOX 1. Position Analysis Questionnaire (PAQ)
Radiologic Technologist I, II, III Ladder
September 13, 2004
A position analysis questionnaire (PAQ) was requested for a three grade ladder for radiologic technologist
I, II, and III. Currently in usage is radiologic technologist (job code 347, grade 15) and radiologic technologist, senior (job code 855, grade 16). SEBD utilizes grades 11 (job code 1014), 12 (job code 1013) and
SHLMC utilizes grade 15 (job code 641). Network weekend positions mirror grade 15 and 16 rad tech positions in job codes 1175 and senior in 1176.
A third, higher level is being recommended for creation and job title changes for all three levels are proposed (utilizing the I, II, and III [highest level]).
Minimum qualifications are proposed, as follows:
• Rad Tech I—standard rad tech job description and essential functions, TDH-MRT
• Rad Tech II—TDH-MRT, ARRT, 2 years min quals
Level 1, plus
( 1) Preceptor/trainer for students and new hires
(2a) Clinical and technical expert for imaging modality and patient care enrichment procedures/
performance and teaching, OR
(2b) Imaging multi-modality capable in two disciplines, with a minimum of 25% in second discipline
• Rad Tech III—TDH-MRT, ARRT, 3 years min quals
Level 2, plus
( 1) Imaging multi-modality capable in three or more disciplines, with a minimum of 25% in secondary
( 2) Clinical and technical expert for advanced practice imaging and patient care procedures/perform-
ance and teaching
Also requiring observation for impact is medical imaging lead, job code 289, grade 17, and medical
imaging lead, weekend, job code 1180.
Market Data and Analysis
External: Economic Research Institute (ERI) 7/04 data
• Radiologic technologist: full market at grade 15, all incumbent average $38.7k
• CAT scan technologist: full market at grade 16, all incumbent average $44.0k
• Sonographer: full market at grade 17, all incumbent average $49.8k, with 10+ at mid $50s.