8. Which of the following is NOT a true statement if there is a
a. Check that worklists are compatible within the vendor
b. When purchasing upgrades or “add on” equipment, be
sure that it will function with the current set up
c. Finger pointing will not occur when issues arise, it is very
common for vendors to work to find a solution to a problem
d. There may be a difference in image appearance/quality
which can lead to radiologist preferences
9. Stamford Hospital’s Women’s Breast Center eventually fine
tuned appointment times realizing that scheduling slots
should not be too lean, as this is a high anxiety environment
that requires increased staff sensitivity and care.
10. The use of a“next available” grid can help justify requests for:
a. Expanded hours
b. Additional equipment
c. Additional staff
d. All of the above
11. Which staff position includes clerical work, checking in
patients and escorting them through the department,
organizing patient folders, printing reports, and communicating delays to patients?
a. Lead mammography technologist
b. Imaging assistant or tech aide
c. Coordinator of patient reports
d. Transcription staff
12. A nurse navigator provides both process and emotional support Which of the following is one of their emotional support responsibilities?
b. Point person
13. Approximately how many exams per day does one radiologist read in the screening room?
14. To ensure the continuous interaction between multiple specialists within multiple departments, Stamford Hospital’s
Women’s Breast Center conducts a weekly meeting called:
a. Tumor Board
b. Case of the Week
c. Hot Seat
d. Lunch and Learn
15. Stamford Hospital’s Women’s Breast Center’s weekly meeting consists of two panels, the first panel is made up of:
a. Breast surgeon, radiation oncologist, and plastic surgeon
b. Radiologist, geneticist, and nurse navigator
c. Breast surgeon, radiologist, and pathologist
d. Pathologist, radiation oncologist, and geneticist
16. What percentage of screening mammograms turn into diagnostic studies?
17. Which of the following survey tools gives patients a chance
to let the center know how the visit was in writing, acknowledge staff members for a job well done, offer suggestions on
how to improve the experience, and give patients the option
to leave their names and/or numbers if they wish to be contacted for follow up?
a. Comment cards
b. Outpatient electronic survey device
c. Comprehensive written survey
d. Exit interview
18. What year did the American College of Radiology (ACR) add
the accreditation title “Breast Imaging Center of Excellence”?
19. The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
(NAPBC) was developed in what year?
20. Stamford Hospital’s Women’s Breast Center became the first
breast center in the nation to receive the NAPBC accreditation.