Bismuth Breast and Thyroid
for Pediatric CT
1.0 Category A credit • Expiration date 02-28-2013
Carefully read the following multiple choice questions
and take the post-test at AHRA’s Online Institute
The credit earned from the Quick Credit TM test
accompanying this article may be applied to the
AHRA certified radiology administrator (CRA)
operations management domain.
Instructions: Choose the answer that is most correct.
1. Compared to adults, infants and children are susceptible to
carcinogenesis from radiation:
a. 15 times more
b. 10 times more
c. About the same
d. 5 times less
2. Historically, what protocols were used to reduced the CT
radiation dose in children?
a. Age based protocols
b. Gender based protocols
c. Weight based protocols
d. Height based protocols
3. Why is there a lack of data measuring dose reduction when
a. Radiation levels are too low
b. Radiation levels are too high
c. Radiation levels vary too much
d. Radiation levels are difficult to measure with standard
4. What type of shields did Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta implement to use on all patients undergoing CT examinations?
a. Aluminum alloy
5. Parental education regarding the use of shields is:
a. Part of the implementation plan
b. Not needed
c. Included if time permits
d. Given only if they ask
6. Which of the following was key to the success of the shielding program?
a. Finding the correct material for the shields
b. Obtaining CT equipment that may use the shields
c. Staff education on the use of the shields
d. Finding radiologists that support the use of the shields