7. The shields must be placed on the patient before initial
8. The plastic cover is used on the shields to:
a. Increase the height of the shield
b. Allow the shields to be reused
c. Make the shields look professional
d. Control the toxicity of the shield material
9. What percentage of the radiologists answering the survey
felt that the shields were beneficial to the pediatric patients?
10. What percentage of the radiologists answering the survey
felt the cost was worth the benefit of shielding?
11. In regards to image quality, what percentage of the radiologists answering the survey reported minimal artifacts?
12. The one centimeter foam offset (gap) with breast shields is
a. Increase artifacts
b. Decrease noise
c. Protect the shield
d. Create beam-hardening
13. Communicating the risks and benefits of the procedure is
also an important part of patient education.
14. What is the approximate cost of a breast shield?
15. With the average annual CT volume at 6000 exams, the use
of the shields with each patient would cost:
16. The cost of using the shields:
a. Is passed on to the patient
b. Is funded by donations
c. Is supported by grants
d. Is supported by the operating budget
17. Which method was found to reduce noise and artifacts with
the thyroid shield?
a. Off-set the shield with a washcloth
b. Place more plastic around the shield
c. Remove the plastic from the shield
d. Off-set the shield with a 5 cm positioning sponge
18. Thyroid shields are manufactured:
a. In many sizes
b. In only one size
c. In only children sizes
d. In many shapes
19. During implementation, a team must never assume a
process is fully implemented until:
a. All staff has received proper training
b. Administration embraces the concept
c. Radiologist enforce the process
d. Data prove it is ingrained into daily staff procedures
20. CT imaging was introduced about:
a. 20 years ago
b. 30 years ago
c. 40 years ago
d. 50 years ago