A Better Way to Perform
1.0 Category A credit • Expiration date 02-28-2013
Carefully read the following multiple choice questions
and take the post-test at AHRA’s Online Institute
The credit earned from the Quick Credit TM test
accompanying this article may be applied to the
AHRA certified radiology administrator (CRA)
asset management domain.
Instructions: Choose the answer that is most correct.
1. How many portable x-rays do the two teams of radiologic
technologists collect every morning from their ICU rounds?
2. Between 2007 and 2009, what was the average number of
lost work days per year because of work related injuries?
b. 6. 5
d. 9. 5
3. Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center was experiencing injuries
each year resulting in workers’ compensation and lost productivity costs over:
4. A 2002 study concluded that when staff members performed portable chest x-ray procedures there was a
potential risk to their:
a. Wrists and elbows
b. Shoulders and upper torsos
c. Knees and hips
d. Hands and forearms
5. An analysis of the portable x-ray process concluded that
the root cause of injuries to technologists was because of
a. Lifting practices
b. Cassette placement
c. Patient placement
d. Pushing of the portable machine
6. How many pounds of force are placed on the shoulder when
reaching 25 inches with a cassette weighing 10 pounds?