7. What key Lean principle did Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center
a. Involve front-line employees
b. Gather input from all areas of the medical center
c. Identify future problems
d. Try multiple approaches
8. How many sessions did the formal Lean event consist of?
9. Which of the following is NOT one of the processes incorporated?
a. Evaluate the current situation
b. Identify areas of opportunity
c. Continue to observe the existing process
d. Substantiate and enumerate improvements
10. A survey of technologists indicated that they experienced
more pain and discomfort in their shoulders, necks, and
backs after they completed their shifts.
11. How many areas (specific steps) did the process map
(Figure 4) identify where injuries occur?
12 The existing practice used when placing the cassette behind
the patient was to have the patient angle as close to:
a. 20 degrees
b. 30 degrees
c. 40 degrees
d. 50 degrees
13. What problem was encountered when placing a cassette
behind the patient with an under-inflated air mattress?
a. Cassettes would slide easier
b. Cassettes would become lodged in low spots
c. Cassettes would move out of place
d. All of the above
14. The objective of the research was to find the combination of
variables that would minimize the amount of effort required to:
a. Lift the patient and reposition the patient
b. Insert the cassette and remove the cassette
c. Insert the cassette, lift the patient, and remove the cassette
d. Lift the patient, insert the cassette, remove the cassette,
and reposition the patient
15. During research, the technologist was asked to rate the
amount of perceived effort required to lift the patient using
a scale patterned after the:
a. Lean RPE scale
b. Exertion RPE scale
c. Borg RPE scale
d. Strain RPE scale
16. How many iterations of the experiment were conducted
testing the combinations shown in Table 2?
17. Of the combinations studied, which iteration yielded the
best combination from the perspective of both the patient
and the caregiver?
18. In addition to developing a new portable x-ray procedure, a
stretching regiment was implemented for the start of the day.
19. How many consecutive months has Aurora St. Luke’s gone
without incurring a radiologic technologist injury since
implementing the new procedures?
20. Diagnostic radiology productivity over the past three
a. 5% higher than pre-event levels
b. 7% higher than pre-event levels
c. 10% higher than pre-event levels
d. 14% higher than pre-event levels