7. The cost to ramp down a magnet and ramp it back up is
8. Fluorescent lighting:
9. Which type of lighting in MRI spaces has the advantage of
Is inefficient and should not be used in the MRI room a.
because of cost
Is efficient and is the best choice of lighting to be used in b.
the MRI room
Is efficient but generates electrical noise that interferes c.
with MRI imaging
Is inefficient but does not interfere with MRI imaging and d.
should be used in the MRI room
using significantly less energy?
10. In many areas, soil remains at a constant:
65-70 degrees fahrenheit a.
40-50 degrees fahrenheit b.
50-60 degrees fahrenheit c.
30-40 degrees fahrenheit d.
11. Ground source heat pumps:
Require a separate furnace a.
Provide heating energy as well as cooling energy b.
Require the need for a hot water boiler c.
Use electric reheat d.
12. Which ground source heating system utilizes a loop
between various small heat pump units distributed
throughout the building and ground source?
Multiple tracks a.
Variety plus b.
One pipe c.
Single loop d.
13. What percentage of energy cost savings are reachable with
additional wall insulation, high performance windows,
solar shading, and daylighting systems?
15% to 20% a.
5% to 10% b.
30% or less c.
45% or more d.
14. Standard rating systems have NOT been developed to
measure and verify sustainability performance.
15. Building owners who qualify for certification by one of the
leading green performance standards (LEED) get a build-
Impacts the local environment less but is expensive to a.
Is designed to work better b.
Is often unpleasant to work in c.
Has greatly impacted the local and global environment d.
16. Energy and Atmosphere Credit 1 requires a new building
to be more efficient than the minimum required in model
energy codes by at least:
17. A high quality MRI rated LED fixture can achieve:
16 lumens per watt efficiency a.
100 lumens per watt efficiency b.
50 lumens per watt efficiency c.
42 lumens per watt efficiency d.
18. The LED fixture has an expected life of:
750 hrs a.
31,200 hrs b.
50,000 hrs c.
80,000 hrs d.
19. Counting bulb changes over 10 years in the MRI space,
incandescent lamps cost over:
20. Potential tax deductions are available for reduced power
consumption in lighting systems under:
Section 179D of the IRS Code a.
Regulation 1969.10 of the IRS Code b.
Green Code – 54409 of the IRS Code c.
Energy Credit 13J of the IRS Code d.